Saturday, December 15, 2012

Company Spotlight:Andy Acosta


Name:  Michael Andrew Acosta (aka-Andy)
Number of years with FILO?
Six years, seven months, and six days…but who’s counting?
First event with FILO?
The first event I ever worked was while I was still in college. The event was called Aim for the Cure which was a benefit geared toward families with children that have SMA. I can remember everything about the event including the weather, the time frame I arrived to the site (If you are on time you are late,
and if you are early you are on time, words of wisdom from my Dad) the shirt and shoes that I wore and random questions that I asked. I still receive grief from this event for asking if we ever eat lunch.  I now realize a Cliff Bar can always come in handy.
Most memorable event/moment with FILO?
The most memorable and rewarding event I have worked was the 2010 NBA Jam Fest in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The event brought fans and spectators from countries throughout the Middle East and Europe to compete in the first 3-on-3 basketball initiative in the United Arab Emirates. Hearing the appreciation
and praise that the locals had for all the preparation and planning it took to make the event a success was the ultimate reward that I took from the experience. Oh, and waking up every morning in a hotel with a Formula 1 race track around it wasn’t so bad either! 
Your favorite place to eat on the road?
When I am traveling to a new city, I have to splurge on one meal during my time there while disregarding price and calorie intake. The past three years have brought me to a place called Steuben’s in Denver, CO for a dish made famous by Guy Fieri in Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, the Lobster Roll.  Please experience and report back to me. 
One thing that you cannot go without on the road?
My beard trimmer. For anyone that knows me, they understand that this is my identity and keeping a tightly trimmed beard at all times is a must. I often feel fortunate that my job is not truly white collar. 
If you had to play a professional sport what would it be?
Hands down golf. You can play until you are a hundred, someone carries your clubs around for five hours, no matter what you do everyone claps for you after every shot, you can be any shape or size and still make it (yes I am vertically challenged), and you get the opportunity to play all over the world.
Number one thing you like to do in each city?
If I haven’t already seen the famous landmarks the city offers, I enjoy finding local eats, people watching, working out, and catching up on sleep.
What is your favorite thing to do in MN?
I am biased, but I think I live in the best area in MN.  Home for me is in “Uptown” which is a popular commercial district in southwestern Minneapolis. Everything I need is within walking distance including a lake, sushi, gym, grocery store, Thai food, shopping, and countless rooftop bars.

2 comments:

  1. by Makayla -- Post made through www.filoproductions.com --
    admin пишет:Praesent fermentum ltucus nisl, a malesuada elit porta vitae. Donec sit amet orci tortor, eget porta est. Cras cursus, nunc id semper porta, odio arcu tempor leo, vitae pretium felis nisl sed dui.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by Toufik -- Post made through www.filoproductions.com --
    admin пишет:Suspendisse orci magna, ornare sed hrideernt eget, auctor tristique mauris. Aliquam erat volutpat. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae;

    ReplyDelete